For both those who are here at the meeting and were not able to meet it, here are the fundamental areas that we’re going to discuss that we feel need to be pulled apart and put back together to see how we can improve the current system of scholarly communication.
Please, if you have any thoughts about any of these but are not here, drop me a line with relevant questions, notes, thought, etc.
- What is a product?
- The Review Process & Opening it Up
- Credit and Reputation for Participation
- Linking Information for Efficient Discovery
- The Roles of Agents/Stakeholders
- Distribution Mechanisms (publishers, libraries, societies, etc.)
- Software & User-interface architecture